After a Motorcycle Accident in Los Angeles
Guidance from Our Los Angeles Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Personal injury lawsuits and the litigation that surround them can seem clouded to those who do not fully understand each intricate detail of the law. Motorcycle accidents are no exception, and even though it might be clear to you that a reckless driver was the cause of your collision, that does not guarantee that you will win compensation for recoveries. To improve your chances of success after being hurt in a motorcycle accident, you should always keep the following helpful hints in mind:
- Move to the side: If you can safely move all vehicles involved in the accident, pull over to the curb to allow traffic to resume. This will also help keep people safe as they investigate the scene.
- Do not apologize: Your instincts and politeness might make you want to say you are sorry but it is critical that you do not. A simple apology may be misconstrued by insurance companies as your admission of fault.
- Call the authorities: In California, the police need to be notified of any collision that caused injury or noticeable damage. You can never be too safe, after all, so notify the authorities even for slight injuries.
- Collect evidence: Keep track of everything you can, including time, date, location, and so on. If you can, take pictures of the scene of the accident from all angles; you will want to be thorough.
- Obtain statements: Eyewitnesses who have stopped to see if you are okay are probably willing to write down what they saw, so don’t be afraid to ask them to do so. When the police or paramedics arrive, let them know that you would like a copy of their reports.
- Allow medical services: Let paramedics take care of you. Motorcycle accidents can cause brain or spine injuries that seem mild at first but quickly escalate to life-threatening problems.
Don’t Forget to Contact an Attorney
All of the aforementioned steps serve a dual purpose: you will be helping ensure that you are healthy and you will be collecting critical evidence for your personal injury claim. The more information you can place into the hands of your attorney, the more likely they will be able to use it to construct a solid case on your behalf.
At Mansell & Mansell, APC, our Los Angeles motorcycle accident lawyers can help you from the moment the collision occurs to the moment your case is resolved in court. Using our 90+ years of combined legal experience, we may even be able to secure you a settlement quickly without having to go through litigation. The truth is that whatever option is deemed best for your situation is the one we will pursue for you. We want you to rest comfortably and focus on recuperation, so leave the paperwork and heavy lifting to us.
Want to work with an attorney who has achieved an
AV® Preeminent™ Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®?
Call 888.276.7219 to request your free consultation today!